Here's What You Can Expect In A key messaging workshop
For a company to be successful, sales need to be successful, and behind a good sales team is great messaging developed into excellent content.
In a key messaging workshop, the first order of business is to have the team aligned on where the company’s solution sits in the market landscape, and what its key value is. Without this agreement, messaging tends to be all over the place. Everyone has a different view point because there is no alignment on what the companies solutions value is and, who it is of value to.
The next stage is to identify the top use cases and prioritize them. At this point, the leadership team can take a more backseat role and let the product and marketing teams do the detailed work.
The last stage is to meet in an all day workshop setting to create the messaging and identify how and when it will be used
Stage 1 – Prework: Setting the scene
- Context and value vs features and benefits
- Strategic selling – why it matters to marketing
- Technology adoption life cycle – how does it apply
- Diffusion of innovation in an online world
- Identify use cases
- Write up use case scenarios for each use case
- Define market and size
Stage 2 – Prework: Use case selection
- Discuss the scenarios
- Refine scenarios for each use case
- Score the scenarios
- Prioritize top use cases
- Choose top 3 scenarios
- Assign teams to scenarios
- Draft messaging for top three use cases
Stage 3 – Onsite workshop: Messaging creation and roll out
- Training on choosing and preparing use cases to message
- Refine message document for the top scenario
- Target customer
- Problems the customer faces
- Compelling reason top buy / value proposition
- Top benefits
- Competitive advantage
- Strategic positioning statement
- Plan for roll out
- What will need to change as a result of the workshop?
- Define assets available and new assets needed for RTM/GTM
- How will this be rolled out across the company?
- Who will be responsible for what?
- Which customers and analysts will the messaging be tested against
- Time table for other top use cases
- Ownership of parking lot subjects
- How will success be measured?
Stage 3 1/2 – Post workshop: Follow up
- The trainer is available for questions and advice to complete the primary use case